Saturday, August 8, 2020

Presence


Ravaging through darkness,
Drowning in a deep ocean,
Fighting fierce waves,
I longed for healing magic potions.

In the acrobatics of survival
With a million words and night skies,
With all my Gods and angels
I searched for a gasp of air.

Grounded under the rubble
Broken crystal castles
I looked to clear the debris
Shattered glass, illusions now gravel.

Through a graveyard of floating heads
These burnt wisps of hope
These memories still in shining color
 I held on tight to all known tropes.

Roaming through the galleries of sounds 
A procession of lost presences
Willing the present to turn to past 
This time, to have truly learnt the lessons.

In a nebulous battlefield of pain
Black rejection, broken trust
I found the last dying breath
To blow away the old dream, now coarse dust.

The yellows finally show up
First strands of the new morning sun.
Now I could sit up, look up
The warm light, presence of the One.

I hear the dawn break, a flute play
A faint melody appears into the frame
Feet unsteady, I attempt to stand
Fight back the omnipresent black bands. 

In the new world, of rebounding souls
I found I was not alone
I found an army of Generals, broken,
All in a search for new moonstones. 

In the ballads of second chances 
In the healing magic of art
Damaged, yet dancing around the scars 
I heard the sound of another beating heart.
--
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...