Monday, July 19, 2021

Memories

 Memories, you infidels 

like ghosts, you appear 

where I least expect you.


Suddenly i find you

staring at me 

in some strange corners 

of coffee shops

or in vivid colors

incandescent 

bright lights

life like 

your smile

your gentleness

your love

that always kept me connected.


Irreverent memories

you flicker and fade against my will

things i never want to forget.


Then 

unsuspectingly

just when i find calm

you come back 

in roaring color

dolby sounds 

in my dreams

reminding me

of what has been lost

this deep vaccum

this permanent hollow.


And so I paint 

to bring permanence to the transient 

to appoint a master 

to tame your fickleness

so that in those creations

you are always mine

to touch

to hold

to smell

to love

to always come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...