Friday, July 30, 2021

Just so you know

You are the light in my heart 

around which life blooms 

the light I use 

to give shape, form, structure

to all my hopes and dreams 


With you I am 

a child again.

with you I have

no walls, no filters 

Just a free flowing gush of water 

Sometimes a cool placid lake

Other times raging waves 


With you I am 

a woman again.

I find what it means

to be feminine again.

The softness I once knew 

buried under heavy rubbles

of time and broken experiences.

I discover it again.


With you I find 

my constant companion,

an ever growing friendship

whose fragrance deepens

with every conversation.


With you I need

no one else. 

I can look wistfully,

relive my past.

I can gaze hopefully

into our imagined future.


With you I find

all my answers,

my resting place,

my sense of peace. 


With you it is still waters

this permanent presence

in the subconscious.

I carry you everyday with me 

in all my thoughts

inside me.


With you, I find

I am never alone.

In you I have 

found my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...