Sunday, June 28, 2020

While France burns

This historic night
while the notre dame burns
i wonder about the nature of fire
that engulfs to a place of no return

some fires rage 
against the dying of the light
while others raze
what was once burning so bright

my last visit to paris
the many promises i made 
how i would come back
free and unconstrained 

having found something real
real love
real meaning
real contribution

here i am now
torched in the flames of my ambition
watching helplessly
willing all into blind submission

there you are now
burning in some freak accident
i havent come back yet
all my promised destinations arent here yet

our conversations arent over yet
i havent introduced you to my real love yet
my promises havent landed yet 
holding on tight to my spirit, that is undefeated yet

may be, we were never meant to be 
destiny had other plans for you and me
our ashes will blend someday at the sea
until then, i will miss you, mine never to be 

notre dame, you of astounding grace and beauty
our many conversations in my chaotic loneliness 
will remain special in my heart and my memory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...