Sunday, June 28, 2020

Hummingbird, sing me a song

Thieves
knives 
a plate full of lies

broken glass
foggy smoke
monsters and holy ghosts 

crystals houses and daisies 
now covered in black soot 
so opaque, so dark
sunlight can never pass through 

marooned in an island
a place with no wind 
no meaning no point 
rudderless and unjoint

i want a little humming bird to come sing me a song
tell me its ok, we will all get along 
find me some new children to love  
find new meaning in what is around 

i need to hear some birds come sing and fly
tell me its all ok, you will soon soar high
be free, be light and in a graceful glide 
one day the music will play again, wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...