Monday, March 21, 2011

Atomic Love

We are made differently,
Yet bound close together
And cast away for eternity
All the result of some mad experiment

We are close and yet apart
I keep my distance
Even as I orbit you...
The singular focus of my universe

And yet every now and then
At the slightest perturbation
I seek to escape, break these bonds
And explore... examine.. test our valence

My restlessness does not amuse you
You react violently.. fire and brimstone
Lashing out at the slightest provocation...
Life as a free radical is not for everyone

It does not seem to last long though
I mostly lose all energy... sometimes you draw closer
And things drop back into our old unstable equilibrium
Our fickle inertia keeps the world from falling apart

Some day we will find others
To cohabit with in stable relationships
Until then, I'll complete you... you'll complete me
And together we will live our moment

-Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...