Saturday, October 17, 2020

Spring

Spring is in the air, 

Smiling, dancing, my love.

New buds in my garden, 

A shining purple sky above.

I hear the birds sing;

Cuckoos, mynahs, parrots and doves.


From a long autumn 

of fallen leaves,

brown, dry and withered;

these broken dreams.

Now the seasons change into

these fresh landscapes in green.


The fallen white flowers 

on the street,

in a heap at corners 

of big banyan trees. 

Like our old shining memories 

Swept away by the cold, gentle breeze.


Then I hold your face in my arms

feel your breath in mine 

hold your hands 

feel your body 

And through the brown leaves

I start to see a bokeh 

of green shoots rising

from these graveyards of grief 

where some umbers still burn

where some memories still refuse to lay to rest 


I feel the longing 

to see your beautiful eyes 

I feel your mind 

looking to unchain the past

to find yourself again 

I feel the beginning of your search

like a resting caterpillar

a mild shake up

an attempt to unshackle

welcome disturbances 

to seek and claim 

what could have been 


So I promise you my love,

to be there always

in the shadows 

in the green rooms 

in dark and in light

as a silent cheerleader

to your dreams 

as you take stage 

whether to forests or facades 

to offer a hand or a shoulder 

for second chances 

coz its never really over 

Till its over 

as long as we live 

uncaged, free and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Numbness is a form of grief For those who wrestle with how they feel. It's an eerie silence of the mind Where large parts of the world g...